I smiled and told my husband "You know what would be fun?" ...That's how I start off a huge project idea that will likely cause him stress and manual labor. For the last few years our dining room has been a play room, complete with a huge image of Buzz Lightyear and I decided I wanted a real dining room. One where we ate dinner and didn't risk certain death for walking in. So, we set off to clean and paint our dining room.
I was sitting on the floor painting baseboards enjoying listening to the babysitter sing (Super readers, we're super readers...) when #3 started whining, "mama, A stinks!!" Ok ok, I suppose I could take a break. I changed Baby and went to wash my hands and put the diaper in the laundry. WHY WOULD I DO THAT???
"OH! NO BAD BABY NO!!!!"
Sweet Bad Baby didn't mean any harm! She only wanted to help Mama out! In case anyone out there in internet land was wondering you can't just "wipe off" trim paint from the walls. You do the best you can, and re-paint the original color. Also, after going though half a pack of baby wipes I realized it was actually easier to let the paint dry, and chip it off the hard wood floors.
A quick PSA: Trim paint does not come out of clothing, and takes a couple of washings before it comes out of fine baby hair and mama hair. Oh, and the dog still has a white splotch. Whoops.
P.s. I'd like someone to invent a paint that dries the moment it touches the wall, and also wipes clean when jam is all over it. I am convinced children always have jam hands, even if they've just washed them or their is no jam in the house.


No comments:
Post a Comment